Monday 8 July 2013

Texas Wheel block


Over the last number of weeks I have been attending class with Chris Jurd, Patchwork Fundamentals  making blocks, called Texas wheels. These blocks are made up of  light and dark fabric sewn together to form a circle, then placed into a square. A great way to use up your fabric scraps. The star shape does not require a lot of fabric. I am using my reproduction fabrics, that I have collected for my Lucy Boston as well as my Dear Jane quilt. The half triangle shapes can be either hand pieced or machine sewn. For the centre I am doing tiny dresden plates and hexagon centres, the challenge will be what I create for all the centre's. The blocks come together quite quickly
Start with one dark and one light fabric
Make 8 altogether
Then sew the eight sides together, coordinating light and dark fabrics to form a star



 Then add quarter circles to the star shape, I have used cream fabric, but a different assortment of light fabric could also be used.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>