Wednesday 23 October 2013

Bush Fires, design board and upholestry.



What a devastating week with new fires being ignited in our beautiful Blue Mountains and lower regions of Lithgow. My heart goes out to all those people who have lost homes and been devastated by the fires, loss of pets and personal belongings. We in the Hawkesbury area considered ourselves to be blessed and owe a great debt to the rural fire service and the wonderful firefighters involved in fighting the  fires, rescuing people, animals and homes. In Windsor Downs on the 2nd November we are having a community garage sale and a stand will be available for goods to be donated and the money raised will be donated to the RFS.
I have been a bit busy over the last few weeks, finishing off projects and thinking about the next. My DH finally got his act together and my design board is now finished and it is quite large as I am known for mostly doing large quilts. My motto is... if you are going to do a quilt you may as make it worthwhile and make it large enough to cover a queen size bed. I suppose doing it this way there is more cost, time and materials involved, but I really enjoy the process, so will push on.
My latest quilt that I have just finished measured 3mtrs by 2.2mts, I was not feeling so great about it being so big, when it took me four days to sew on the binding.
Our family night for the next 10 weeks has moved to tuesday night beacuse our two youngest family members are doing "box and burn", a fitness program. This week I decieded to have a ploughmans lunch for dinner, so the week before I pickled the eggs in preparation for dinner and for dessert we had brandy baskets filled with chocolate mousse and fresh fruit. For the dieters there was a diet version, but mostly opt for the gourmet version.
This week I also covered some second hand chairs  with a great cotton drill fabric, I was quite pleased with the result...what do you think!.
The commencement of my design board being fixed and made sturdy  by DH.
  Finished and flannel tablecloths attached.

A sneak preview of my next project! On my finished design board.
These are the chairs that I purchased and covered, love the fabric and how they turned out.



My black and white antelope fabric. 
Gourmet Tuesday
My ploughmans lunch and dessert
Spring has sprung and my flowers are blooming, what a pity about the dry weather, little rain and bush fires. I will need to water, but how the garden would bloom if we had a little rain.



On Tuesday the 22nd October, Chris Book and I went into Quiltsmith in Annandale, boy ! we had not been there for quite awhile and was overwhelmed with the selection of fabric available, but  I was very good and only bought what I thought I needed. On the way home we had lunch and then went to Patchwork products and did a bit of damage there with the purchase of fabrics, I was very pleased with my purchases.







No comments:

Post a Comment

>