Monday 6 January 2020

An altered state of mind.

Here we are in 2020, a new year, which brings new goals and challenges. As most of you are aware, quilting has been my passion and dominated my life since the 80’s.
In the early 2,000’s, I dabbled in some altered art and attended classes with a very talented artist from Perth. Linda Baldock...atclindab.blogspot.com.
Linda was an incredible artist who challenged my inner most desires and took me on a journey to experience the wonders of altering objects into works of art.

I created some great pieces in the couple of years that I was with Linda, the lessons stopped when Linda relocated back to Perth, my interest then dwindled and I went back to my quilting in 2005.
For 14 years, I was prolific and produced an average of nine quilts a year.
I have done a number of hand pieced quilts that has taken up to 2 years to complete. My quilts are not small, on average they are king size.
Now after having made so many quilts, kept some, gave some away and donated to charitable causes, it is time to slow down and move into smaller achievable projects.

With the recent opening of Remakery, housed in Loder House, Windsor, there has been an array of art from some very talented people.
I was lucky enough to be asked to exhibit some of my altered art, quilts and jewellery, for their opening.
I felt quite proud and delighted that visitors found my art to be exceptional.
Recently I had a trip to New Zealand to visit my son and DIL who took us on a road trip to Nelson, where we visited the WOW Museum, and yes wow it was, so many costumes made out of recycled materials (see last post).
I also got to meet Nikki Romney, a controversial artist, who is very talented lady, paints, does altered art, shadow box’s and a number of other projects.
Meeting and visiting Nikki in her gallery, Saligia, has inspired me to get back into creating some altered art pieces. I also bought two pieces of altered art from Nikki, which will come home to Australia with me.
For a while  now I have been collecting odd bits and pieces, also dolls, clowns with character, trays, pedestals and tins. It is time to get creating.
So here we are a few weeks down the track, and I now have some works of art for sale.
My creations of art may not appeal to everyone, but I had fun playing.
I have made some shadow box’s, altered dolls and clowns, these items are for sale and will be on display and for sale at Remakery, Loder House, Windsor.
If you wish to purchase privately, please contact me via email.
Heathtoncreations@gmail.com
Please note, no postage available, courier at buyers expense.
 The woman who lived in a shoe.
 Arty Farty, the artist lab.
  Clownarama, Clown Act
 Fairy Dell, Creativio
 Clownfluent
 Potter
 I taught I saw a paddy cat...Tweetie.
 The Raven
 Junkyard Solly
Bratzilla, Queen of the Desert.

Foldedgenics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>