Wednesday 26 October 2016

Retirement continued !


Father's Day celebrations commenced with breakfast at home with the family, three generations were at the table, our little grandson is the apple of Poppy's eye!

After working as a nurse for 42 years, I decided in July to retire, I worked for NETS as a retrieval nurse and clinical coordinator for 18years. Leaving a career that I absolutely loved was a very hard decision, but after losing a couple of close friends who were only in their late fifties in a matter of a few weeks apart, I felt that there was more to life then work.
I had a wonderful afternoon tea with my sister present, many friends and colleagues.
My gift was a gold watch for my years of service, very touched by this sentiment.


August I attended the Hunters Hill quilt show which is held biannually.

In September I went down to Melbourne to have a sister and niece weekend, lovely sister time except for the vomiting from a gastric flu, which DH decieded to share with me.

We visited some fun stores, but did not go to the quilt show and we were right there, but not feeling well, I made the decision not to attend, maybe not the right decision, apparently it was amazing.
In September our daughter in law graduated with her PHD and now has the title of Doctor to her name.


Our little grandson had his naming day and first birthday
I will sign of with another quilt completed, Chris Jurd's,snowball quilt. This quilt is another large one, it is done with a lot of Tula Pink's fabrics, aptly named "Tula Snowballed"
Next post will be from India.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>