Thursday 10 December 2015

End of year wrap up, Part 2


After a week in Toowoomba and some quilting lessons for my sister who I am trying to convert, I flew home and onto finishing some more UFO's.

My sisters completed table runner, a small quilting lesson in cutting, stitch in the ditch, binding and a little hand quilting, not a bad job sister dear.

October...I had my cabin built which I hope to use as a quilting room, actually It was built to hold all my fabric! And I hope to be able to quilt as well in the cabin.
It took 1 month to be painted, as it was raw timber,  and needed 3 coats each of undercoat and top coat.
Now for the electrician.....waiting....waiting.
I painted the inside a soft blue.
I also completed my version of the Springwood quilt show 2012  raffle quilt, "Homage".

I have called mine " Heathton" named after our house and the name is derived from the combination of mine and DH names.
I found this little treasure at a flea market, when I pulled the seat apart to recover it, I found newspapers from 1936. The stuffing was kapok.
A nice read and very interesting furniture.

Nearly completed, being restored, I now need to find a tassel fringe to complete the basket.

I also dabbled with some garden art, from some great op shop finds.


November, I completed this quilt as a gift for my sisters 60th

The label.


Completed a few diary covers
I painted a sign for my daughter in law, added a sketch of their puppy "Knuckles"
December
I Gave my oldest sister Jenny a 60th birthday party, with the help of my sister Esme and brother Peter on the 5th December, a great time was had by all and the perfect opportunity to catch up with some relatives, not seen for awhile.

Memories
And by the look on my sisters face, she was pleased with the quilt
A time to bid farewell to a very busy year, here's to a healthy and happy new year and I cannot wait to see what the new year has in store me.
Great aunt Esme with little Logan, not a bad backdrop either!
My gorgeous grandson Logan who is now 4 months old, time is passing so quickly
Farewell 2015 welcome in 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>