Monday 26 August 2013

Birthdays, gourmet Wednesday and completed quilting.

The 21st August saw my darling husbands birthday, he also shares this day with a very dear friend of mine. Happy birthday Lesley, I hope that you also had a great day with family and friends. Hubby was lucky this year as his birthday fell on a Wednesday which is our family night and fondly named by my friend Christine "gourmet Wednesday". Hubby was spoilt and was given by our eldest son and partner a steeden limited edition south's leather football in a case and he was very pleased, our youngest son gave him a tap king, "Hahn super dry" I am sure he really bought t for himself as he was desperate  to crack it and share it with his father. My gift to him is allowing him to accompany me on a trip to Japan in November, we are going for the Yokohama Quilt festival, so whilst over there will also visit Tokyo and Kyoto, Japan has been on our bucket list for awhile so out of the blue I decided to book and go. I really love to cook for the family and we always have a great time together,  especially when we have something to celebrate. I feel very blessed with our boys and their partners. Menu for gourmet Wednesday was oyster Kilpatrick, beer battered prawns with mango aioli, crumbed mushrooms stuffed with Brie, main meal was crumbed cutlets and I did a white chocolate passion fruit mousse for dessert. Very enjoyable.
Crumbed cutlets.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

>