Tuesday 16 July 2013

Folk Art.

In the 1990's folk art painting, decoupage and china painting was very popular and of course it was a hobby that I also took part in. With folk art anything that stood still got painted, I painted cupboards, fridges, cookware and garden ornaments such as milk pails and flower pots, especially terracotta pots, which always were a delight to paint.  My most favourite thing to paint on the pots were strawberries and sunflowers. These also made great gifts as well. It has been a number if years since I have painted but it comes in handy at times when an altered medium is required when I am doing my crafts. Along with scrap booking I was also doing altered art and had the most talented teacher Linda, who has since moved back to Perth, what amazing work that she did,  Linda could take something ugly and make it into a work of art, in a future post I will post some of the amazing things that I made when I did classes with Linda. I will leave some photo's of my painting.
My fridge and freezer painted with animals and a barnyard scene
My chalkboard message board
This was going to be part of a cupboard. Rabbits with strawberries
Two of the many urns with a flower spray painted and framed.
One of my cats painted on the side of a cupbaord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>